Jolly Roger Team

Report ATTACK OF THE GIANT CARD

« Older   Newer »
~Giø
view post Posted on 2/5/2014, 14:34     +1   +1   -1

Hi everyone! I decided to write an article because, as many of you might already know, I won an ATTACK OF THE GIANT CARD!!! Side Event at the YCS Paris with Soul Charge Mermails and I want to report it, maybe giving you an insight vision about a developing format; my goal is to help you in your preparation for the next regionals!

First of all, I am aware that Mermails is not the strongest deck of the current format. I am not sure about which deck between Dragons and Infernities is better, only play test will tell. But anyway, I decided to play Mermails because of two reasons: 1) I know the deck very well and am very experienced with it, 2) I liked the fact that Soul Charge gave me many more options for even stronger first turn combos. Soul Charge is an amazing card; unfortunately, I think that it's not so good for the game in this exact moment; it does not require a lot of skill and it is unstoppable when used on Turn 1, so even if I am a better player than my opponent and he wastes a lot of resources, he might anyway steal away the victory with a topdecked Charge. But anyway, I decided to try it at this side event, being lucky and winning it, taking home an oversized Ancient Pixie Dragon. I'm not giving out my deck list because I'll be using it this weekend at the WCQ Forli, but if I'll do well, be sure that I'll do a nice Deck Profile! Let's not waste more time; here is the report!

1st Round vs Geargia

Game 1: he starts with a really good hand, with Geargiarmor and 3 sets. My had is not really good and even if I try to stay in the game he gets the control really fast and his set Bottomless ends up winning him the game.
Game 2: I start off with a Mermail combo with Dracossack and he can't take it down.
Game 3: he opens with a lot of monsters, I have an average hand but I am able to put 5000 life points between us and when time is called he can't get anywhere.

1-0

Round 2 vs Agents

Game 1: once again I start with a bad hand, no discard monsters like Pike or Megalo, and he slowly gains advantage with several Dualities. He is able to get Krystia on the board and I have no way to get through it.
Game 2: his deck is way too slow when starting second and I rapidly get the win with several pluses.
Game 3: he starts with Trooper milling useless cards, I make Dweller with Aqua Spirit and attack, he draws and shows 3 useless Hyperions and a Krystia; bad luck for him.

2-0

Round 3 vs Bujins

Game 1: I open with a Dracossack combo, but no defensive cards. He gets the perfect hand and gets through Sack, taking control of the game. I am able to destroy Yamato, but eventually he draws another Tenki and I have to scoop.
Game 2: I open with an average hand, but he has no Yamato or a way to add it to the hand, so he loses quickly.
Game 3: he starts with Yamato and some sets, I have a bad hand but DNA Surgery to turn the game in my favor. He doesn't have they Typhoon, so i start getting through his Yamatos and Mikazuchis and eventually win it in 2-3 turns; he could have won if he had known that Bujingi Turtle is useful even if his monsters are not Beast-Warriors, but luckily for me he had no idea about this.

3-0

Round 4 vs Mermails

Game 1: my opponent is a good player and we have a nice game; after a few turns, I am able to build up a big Soul Charge reborning 3 lv3 Mermails and Leed, discarding his last card and ending my turn with Gaios (I also had a Teus already on the field) and Angeneer, securing the win.
Game 2: he starts with a good hand and seems to get in control, but a crucial Debunk on his Tidal and some bad draws on his side make me come on top of it.

4-0

Finals vs FireFist 3.5 Axis

Game 1: I open with a Dracossack combo and he tries to fight back, but I am able to keep control of the board by destroying the right cards and I end up winning in a few turns.
Game 2: he has the Leopard Spirit opening but I have Maxx C to counter it. Through a big Exciton I leave him with just a useless Bear in hand and I win it quickly, securing the final victory!

So this is my report for this amazing experience, I hope to do well in the Main Ever next time :) And remember, this weekend there will be the first JRS tournament in Brescia, so come and do your best to earn your invite for the Jolly Roger Finals!

——————————————

Ciao a tutti! Ho deciso di scrivere un articolo perché, come molti di voi sapranno, ho vinto un ATTACK OF THE GIANT CARD!!! Side Event all’YCS Parigi con Mermail con Soul Charge e vorrei farne il report, magari dandovi una visione dall’interno riguardo un formato che si sta ancora sviluppando; il mio obiettivo è aiutarvi a preparare i prossimi regionali!

Prima di tutto, sono cosciente che Mermail non è il mazzo più forte del formato. Non sono sicuro riguardo quale mazzo sia più forte tra Drago e Infernity, solo il playtest lo assicurerà. Ma in ogni caso, ho deciso di giocare Mermail per due motivi: 1) conosco il mazzo molto bene e ho molta esperienza con esso, 2) mi piaceva il fatto che Soul Charge mi dava molte più opzioni per le combo di primo turno. Soul Charge è una carta straordinaria; sfortunatamente, penso che non sia molto buona per il gioco in questo momento, perché non richiede molta abilità ed è inarrestabile quando usata di Turno 1, quindi, anche se sono un giocatore migliore del mio avversario e ho sprecato meno risorse, potrebbe comunque rubarmi la vittoria con una Charge a topdeck. In ogni caso, ho deciso di provarlo a questo side event, che si è concluso con un’ottima vittoria e mi sono portato a casa un Ancient Pixie Dragon enorme. Non pubblicherò la mia lista perché la userò questo fine settimana al WCQ Forlì, ma se farò bene, state tranquilli che farò un bel Deck Profile! Non sprechiamo altro tempo; ecco il report!

1° Turno vs Geargia

Game 1: lui apre un’ottima mano, con Geargiarmor e 3 settate. La mia mano non è un granchè e anche se provo a barcamenarmi lui prende rapidamente il controllo della partita e la sua Bottomless gli permette di vincere facilmente.
Game 2: parto con la combo del Mermail chiudendo con Sack e non riesce a toglierlo.
Game 3: parte con una mano piena di mostri, ho una mano media ma riesco a mettere tra di noi una differenza di circa 5000 life points e quando arriviamo ai turni la partita è decisa.

1-0

2° Turno vs Agent

Game 1: parto di nuovo con una mano pessima, senza scartini come Pike o Megalo, e lui prende vantaggio lentamente con molte PoD. Riesce ad evocare Krystia e non riesco a toglierla in nessun modo.
Game 2: il suo deck è troppo lento quando parte per secondo e prendo vantaggio velocemente con molti +1.
Game 3: inizia con una Truppa che macina 3 carte inutili, faccio Dweller con Aqua Spirit e attacco, lui pesca e mostra 3 inutili Hyperion e una Krystia, molta sfortuna per lui.

2-0

3° Turno vs Bujin

Game 1: apro con la combo del Dracossack, ma senza parini. Lui ha la mano perfetta e riesce a togliere Sack, prendendo il controllo del game. Riesco a togliergli Yamato, ma pesca un’altra Tenki e perdo miseramente.
Game 2: apro con una mano media, ma lui non ha Yamato o un modo per addarlo, quindi perde in pochi turni.
Game 3: parte con Yamato e qualche dettata, ho una brutta mano ma ho il DNA Surgery che mi serve per volgere il game in mio favore. Non ha Tifone, quindi riesco a toglierli via via i Yamato e i Mikazuchi, vincendo in 2/3 turni prima che peschi una out; avrebbe potuto vincere se avesse saputo che poteva usare Bujingi Turtle anche se i suoi mostri non sono Guerrieri-Bestia, ma fortunatamente per me non lo sapeva.

3-0

4° Turno vs Mermails

Game 1: il mio avversario è un buon giocatore e la partita è bella; dopo qualche turno, riesco a fare una grossa Soul Charge rebornando 3 Mermails lv3 e Leed, scartandogli l’ultima carta in mano e chiudendo con Gaios (avevo già un Teus in campo) e Angegnere, assicurandomi la vittoria.
Game 2: lui inizia con una buona mano e sembra ottenere il controllo della partita, ma una Debunk fondamentale sul suo Tidal e qualche sua brutta pescata mi permettono di arrivare in finale.

4-0

5° Turno vs FireFist 3.5 Axis

Game 1: inizio con la combo del Dracossack e prova a rimettersi in partita, ma riesco a mantenere il controllo spaccandogli le carte giuste e finisco per vincere in pochi turni.
Game 2: ha la combo Leopard Spirit ma ho Maxx C per counterarla. Lo lascio con un inutile Bear grazie a un enorme Exciton e vinco velocemente, aggiudicandomi la vittoria finale!

Quindi, questo è il mio report per questa bellissima esperienza, spero di fare bene al Main Event la prossima volta ;) E ricordate, questo fine settimana ci saranno le prime JRS al Playtime Brescia, venite e date il meglio di voi per qualificarvi alle Jolly Roger Finals!

0 replies since 2/5/2014, 14:34   282 views